Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Performs all the Senior Event Services Manager duties outlined in the Senior Event Services
Manager job description
2. Establish, cultivate and maintain a strong relationship with the facility, their partners, department
heads, clients and customers
3. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise
4. Gather, produce and execute all aspects of complex utility orders for show management,
production and I&D companies, general service contractors and exhibitors
5. Negotiate, prepare and execute event proposals, contracts and order forms while meeting the
needs of the customer and the facility’s guidelines of profitability
6. Review event production deliverables, identify, troubleshoot and resolve potential issues
7. Resolve issues and communicate the solution in a timely manner
8. Manage and supervise workflow, confirm event requirements and schedules
9. Supervise labor by effectively communicating the needs of the client and customer
10. Direct and manage the planning and layout of utility orders with limited or no electrician
11. Ability to explain electrical equipment as it relates to power distribution and billing
12. Attend all BEO and Operational meetings
13. Identify staff training opportunities, make recommendations and implement solutions for
14. Negotiate, execute and collect final invoices
15. Communicate with Edlen management team regarding facility, customer and personnel issues
16. Other duties as assigned based on the contractual agreement with the facility
To successfully fill this role, you must maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
1. Must have proven customer service and interpersonal skills 2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills 3. Supervisory skills 4. Ability to organize time, projects and numerous details under tight deadlines 5. Ability to work well under pressure and/or demanding schedules 6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. 7. Complete understanding of ethics, decorum and social skills required for extensive interaction with clients and customers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate well with coworkers and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with issues involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be familiar with current software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to pay attention to detail while working in a fast-paced office and convention center, hotel or fairground environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand for long periods of time and as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds of files on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to cold and hot temperatures, depending on the job location (convention center, hotel or fairgrounds). For the most part the typical office environment includes ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment.
Working early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays is required to prep and service events. Due to the last minute nature of the work schedules are subject to change with very little or no notice.
The amount of travel is dependent upon the business need.
Reliable transportation is required due to varied hours and work locations.